(To pause on a particular slide, mouse over the lower edge to make control arrows appear.)
A Kerr Residence Timeline, including Dates and Sources:
- According to the 1916 Detroit City Directory, Rosmer P. Kerr lived at 525 Crawford Avenue. His mother was listed separately but at the same address. Rosmer married Evelyn Hauer on June 12th that year.
- Rosmer filled out a draft registration in 1917. He listed his address as 115 Dragoon, Detroit, Michigan.
- In 1918, the Kerrs' address was 1079 Jefferson Avenue, according to the Detroit City Directory. A handwritten caption on a photo of the home showed the same address, but it appears to have been listed as 1077 Jefferson in the 1920 census.
- According to Evelyn's handwritten notes (see the notebook page entitled Memoranda in the slideshow above), she and Rosmer moved in August 1922 to 555 Algonquin, Detroit, where they were listed in several subsequent Detroit City Directories.
- On March 21, 1939, they moved to 4265 Harvard Road in Detroit (see Memoranda), and they were listed there in the 1940 Detroit City Directory.
- They moved to 11551 Roxbury, Detroit, on 15 October 1942. This later became the home of their daughter Bonnie and her husband Karl Parker. (Memoranda and personal knowledge)
- According to the Memoranda notes, on November 15, 1946, they moved to Caro, Michigan. Their street address was 1896 E. Deckerville Road (noted in Evelyn's 1950 birthday & anniversary record book). On a different notepaper written at a later date, Evelyn figured that this move took place Thanksgiving week of 1947, not 1946. I haven't researched it and don't know which date is correct.
- According to the Memoranda notes, on October 15, 1951, they moved to 7831 Lakeshore Road, Lexington, Michigan. Again on the other notepaper, Evelyn figured this date to be a year later, 1952 rather than 1951.
- On November 30, 1956, Rosmer and Evelyn moved to Crown Point, Indiana.
- The Kerrs returned to their home on Lakeshore Road January 15, 1959.
- In the mid-1960s, they sold the house on Lakeshore Road and moved a short distance away to 7214 Aspen Road, Lexington. They were still living there in 1969 when Rosmer died.