Before My Time is about the ancestry and extended family of my four grandparents: John Samuel Krentz (Indiana/North Dakota), Margreta Tjode Hedwig (Gertie) Buss (North Dakota), Rosmer Pettis Kerr (Pennsylvania/Michigan), and Evelyn Elvina Hauer (Michigan). Archives, Labels (tags), and other links appear at the bottom of the page.

Wednesday, September 09, 2009

The Last Will and Testament of Ezekiel T. Efner

click to enlarge

The last will and Testament of Ezekiel T. Efner of the Town of Lyndon, County of Sheboygan and State of Wisconsin:

I, Ezekiel T. Efner, considering the uncertainty of this mortal life, and being of sound mind and memory do make and publish this my last wil and testament in manner and form following: First, I give and bequeath unto my daughter Catharine E. Pettis the wife of D.J. Pettis, the sum of one hundred Dollars to be paid to her at any time within Two years from my death at the option of my wife Eliza Efner, such sum of money to be paid out of my estate.
And Second: I give and bequeath unto my beloved wife Eliza Efner and my youngest son William A. Efner all my real and personal property lying and being situate in the County of Sheboygan and State of Wisconsin, and also all other property of whatever kind that I may hereafter become possessed of, all such property to be divided equally between them, when the said William A. Efner shall become Twenty-one years of age, and I further proclaim that my said wife shall have full control of all of my property, both real and personal, during the minority of the said William A. Efner, and I hereby appoint my said wife sole executrix of this my last will and testament, hereby revoking all former wills by me made. In witness whereof I have hereunto set myh hand and seal this 3rd day of November in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and sixty-six.
E.T. Efner

Ezekiel T. Efner died on or about the 12th day of March, 1868, at his residence in Lyndon. His personal estate was valued at about fifty dollars, and real estate about fifteen hundred dollars. He had no unpaid debts.


Ezekiel Taylor Efner was my third great-grandfather.

No comments:

Labels

Our Family in Books: A Bibliography

  • My Ancestors in Books (a library of resources and notes pertaining to Reverend Samuel Stone, Major General Robert Sedgwick, Elder John Crandall, and other early Americans in the forest where my family tree was grown)
  • The Zahnisers: A History of the Family in America by Kate M. Zahniser and Charles Reed Zahniser (Mercer, Pa. 1906)
  • History of St. James Lutheran Church [full title: A little of this and a little of that in the 141 year (1861-2002) History of St. James Lutheran Church, Reynolds Indiana] by Harold B. Dodge, published at Reynolds, Indiana, 2002; 170 pages.
  • Lisbon, North Dakota 1880-2005 Quasuicentennial, published at Lisbon, North Dakota in 2005; 391 pages.
  • The Paschen and Redd Families of Cass County, Indiana by Alfred Paschen, c. 2005 (Gateway Press, Inc., Baltimore, MD); 322 pages.
  • Sheldon Community History: Sheldon Centennial 1881-1981, published at Sheldon, North Dakota in 1981; 376 pages.
  • Sheldon, North Dakota 1881-2006 - 125th Anniversary: The Queen of the Prairie, published at Sheldon, North Dakota in 2006; 498 pages.
  • A Standard History of White County, Indiana, written under the supervision of W.H. Hamelle, c. 1915 (The Lewis Publishing Company, Chicago and New York).
  • The Roots of Coventry, Connecticut by Betty Brook Messier and Janet Sutherland Aronson, c. 1987 (Coventry 275th Anniversary Committee, Coventry, CT); 206 pages.
  • "Elder John Crandall of Rhode Island and His Descendants" by John Cortland Crandall; New Woodstock, New York, 1949; 797 pages.
  • "The Descendants of Robert Burdick of Rhode Island." Nellie (Willard) Johnson, Pd.B.: H & L Creations, LLC.

Followers, Friends, Family, and Fellow GeneaBloggers:

Where are you?