Category 1: 10 citations . . . Bronze!
Category 2: . . . . . . *pffft!*
Category 3: 5 Tasks . . . Platinum!
Category 4: 2 Tasks . . . Silver!
Category 5: 3 Tasks . . . Gold!
Category 6: 4 Tasks . . . Diamond!
- Go Back and Cite Your Sources! I completed 10 source citations. Getting my wisdom teeth pulled was less of an ordeal.
- Back Up Your Data! As per Task C, I've burned my Legacy database to a DVD. At least I think I have! Not a moment too soon, either, because my computer is acting very strangely and I can't get it to run the DVD so I can check to see whether it's readable! Update: it appears my DVD writer doesn't. I certainly seem to be beatin' my head against a wall when it comes to making a backup! You may recall my January attempt to backup to the external hard drive failed for lack of remaining space!
- Organize Your Research! Task A completed (over 20 ancestral items sorted and filed!). Task B completed (41 digital files organized!). Task C completed (20 photos organized!) Task D completed (over 100 digital photos organized!). Task E completed (over 25 people entered and sourced in my database!).
- Expand Your Knowledge! Task A completed (I learned how to make a customized Googe map and embed it in a post!). Task B completed (created and posted a Kate Pettis Kerr timeline!).
- Write, Write, Write! Task A completed (wrote an About page for my blog!) As per Task C, I've prepared and pre-published six posts. For Task E, I've created a Surnames page and a Helpful Hints page for my blog. I'm frustrated, because when I tried to add them to my blog as tabs, they show up as a list of links instead, moving my current post further down the page.
- Reach Out & Perform Genealogical Acts of Kindness! For Task A (hardly a task, more like fun!), I've visited and commented at a few new-to-me genealogy blogs. Also, as per Task G, I've hit the Follow button on those blogs that have one, as well as subscribing via Google Reader. Two of the ones I visited were Me and My Ancestors and My Ancestors and Me. How funny is that! Task B completed (four entries at Find-A-Grave!). For Task E, I've renewed my registration at Family Search Indexing and completed my first batch for 2010, a hellacious page of the 1910 Michigan census, which I chose because I figured I would recognize a lot of Michigan names even if the handwriting was bad. So I hereby apologize to all the Italian, Finnish and Norwegian researchers out there who hope to find their Gogebic ancestors. Good luck with that!