There's plenty of room left in there for some of my tiny keepsakes from my grandparents Kerr:
- an odd little bead from Evelyn's collection of doodads--it's a replica of a bar of soap, and it says "IVORY" on one side and "Proctor & Gamble" on the other. I hope it's not real ivory!
- a little watch that's lost its chain and doesn't work anymore--it's about ¾" across and is engraved "EK" on the back. I've photographed this watch and used it as a page trim in my digital Evelyn and Rosmer scrapbook.
- Rosmer's Put & Take spinner--I wrote about it here.
- Evelyn's St. Anthony icon--I wrote about it here.
- Rosmer's racy peepshow ring--I wrote about it here.
Starting with the outside:
- the little blue locket that contains snippets of my grandfather's moustache--you can see the inside here.
- a charm that I had engraved with my mom's initials after this picture was taken
- a locket charm just under an inch in diameter--I made a tag with her name on it to identify the contents, which we'll get to in a minute . . . aw, you know what's comin', don't ya?
- an October birth-month charm
In the outer locket, I put pictures of my mom and dad together, one at the very beginning of their relationship, and the other after they'd knocked out quite a few years. (A 50th Anniversary picture? Off the top of my head, I'm not sure. I'll try to remember to update here if I find out.)
Finally, the inner sanctum:
- upper left locket charm--that's me, and a tiny lock of my hair tied with a tiny turquoise ribbon
- upper right locket charm--my sister Kathleen, and a tiny lock of her hair tied with a tiny kelly green ribbon
- lower locket charm--a tag identifying a tiny lock of Alvina Tobian Schulte's hair tied with a tiny pink ribbon. Alvina was my mom's great-grandmother.
- and now you can see at the bottom, in the locket charm with my mom's name in it, a tiny lock of her hair tied with a tiny baby blue ribbon. You can read about Alvina's hair and my mom's here.
Speaking of charms, I've also added my mother's charm bracelet to the tree. That's my happy little face you see in the globe charm!
There's also another locket on the tree now. It's the same, front and back.
Inside, I've put pictures of my son and daughter.
There are three other new photos on the tree as well. I'm in the process of making an identification key for all the photos. But that's tomorrow's post!