Before My Time is about the ancestry and extended family of my four grandparents: John Samuel Krentz (Indiana/North Dakota), Margreta Tjode Hedwig (Gertie) Buss (North Dakota), Rosmer Pettis Kerr (Pennsylvania/Michigan), and Evelyn Elvina Hauer (Michigan). Archives, Labels (tags), and other links appear at the bottom of the page.

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Winter 2010 GeneaBloggers Games

I didn't participate in the GeneaBloggers Games two years ago, but when I looked at the categories for the Winter 2010 Geneabloggers Games and their qualifying tasks, I had to admit these are all things I should be doing anyway, especially considering my (lapsed!) New Year's resolutions. So I hereby enter the Games.

I must admit, I'm typing with a little swagger as I've already completed the first step to enter. I made my flag at We Are Multicolored, which represents my American heritage as well as my ancestral roots in Germany and the British Isles. I don't use a sidebar, so I'll be flying my flag in any post that pertains to the Games.

I intend to participate in all six categories.
  1. Go Back and Cite Your Sources! With 10 citations the minimum for a bronze medal and 50 needed for a platinum, at this point I'm not even going to guess how far I'll get. Five a day would do it. We'll see!
  2. Back Up Your Data! Since my external hard drive doesn't have room for a complete computer backup at this point, I'll be burning my important genealogy files to DVDs, as per Task C. Goin' for the Gold!
  3. Organize Your Research! Wasn't this the essence of my New Year's resolutions? There are six Tasks to choose from for this category. I intend to complete at least four.
  4. Expand Your Knowledge! There are five Tasks to choose from. I'll try to pick one or two, and then not obsess over them!
  5. Write, Write, Write! Of the six Tasks listed, I have my eye on A, C and E. We'll see!
  6. Reach Out & Perform Genealogical Acts of Kindness! There are seven Tasks to choose from. I'll pick three and go for the Gold.

3 comments:

Tonia said...

I love your flag! Good luck in the Games.

lindalee said...

Happy to begin following your blog. Good luck with the Games. Linda from Flipside.

kinfolknews said...

T.K. - I love the name of your blog! I use that saying bunches, as I'm the second of two only children. So much of the "good times" in my family happened Before My Time.
~Regina

Blog Archive

Labels

Our Family in Books: A Bibliography

  • My Ancestors in Books (a library of resources and notes pertaining to Reverend Samuel Stone, Major General Robert Sedgwick, Elder John Crandall, and other early Americans in the forest where my family tree was grown)
  • The Zahnisers: A History of the Family in America by Kate M. Zahniser and Charles Reed Zahniser (Mercer, Pa. 1906)
  • History of St. James Lutheran Church [full title: A little of this and a little of that in the 141 year (1861-2002) History of St. James Lutheran Church, Reynolds Indiana] by Harold B. Dodge, published at Reynolds, Indiana, 2002; 170 pages.
  • Lisbon, North Dakota 1880-2005 Quasuicentennial, published at Lisbon, North Dakota in 2005; 391 pages.
  • The Paschen and Redd Families of Cass County, Indiana by Alfred Paschen, c. 2005 (Gateway Press, Inc., Baltimore, MD); 322 pages.
  • Sheldon Community History: Sheldon Centennial 1881-1981, published at Sheldon, North Dakota in 1981; 376 pages.
  • Sheldon, North Dakota 1881-2006 - 125th Anniversary: The Queen of the Prairie, published at Sheldon, North Dakota in 2006; 498 pages.
  • A Standard History of White County, Indiana, written under the supervision of W.H. Hamelle, c. 1915 (The Lewis Publishing Company, Chicago and New York).
  • The Roots of Coventry, Connecticut by Betty Brook Messier and Janet Sutherland Aronson, c. 1987 (Coventry 275th Anniversary Committee, Coventry, CT); 206 pages.
  • "Elder John Crandall of Rhode Island and His Descendants" by John Cortland Crandall; New Woodstock, New York, 1949; 797 pages.
  • "The Descendants of Robert Burdick of Rhode Island." Nellie (Willard) Johnson, Pd.B.: H & L Creations, LLC.

Followers, Friends, Family, and Fellow GeneaBloggers:

Where are you?