- Richard Higgins, born in England. He is thought to have come over between 1629-1632 as an adult. He married Lydia Chandler in 1634. She died about 1650 and he next married Mary Yates in 1651. He died about 1677. Richard and Lydia were my ninth great-grandparents.
- Jonathan Higgins, born 1637 at Plymouth. He married first Elizabeth Rogers and second her sister Hannah (granddaughters of Thomas Rogers of the Mayflower). The date of his death is unknown. Jonathan and Elizabeth were my eighth great-grandparents.
- Joseph Higgins, born 14 February 1666-7 at Eastham, Massachusetts. He died before 21 May 1729. Joseph and his wife Ruth were my seventh great-grandparents.
- Beriah Higgins, born about 1692 at Eastham. He married Desire Cooke about 1716. They were my sixth great-grandparents.
- Deborah Higgins, born 26 October 1725 in Provincetown, Massachusetts. She married Samuel Sedgwick. They were my fifth great-grandparents.
Higgins, Mrs. Katharine Elizabeth Chapin. Richard Higgins, A Resident and Pioneer Settler at Plymouth and Eastham, Massachusetts, and at Piscataway, New Jersey, and His Descendants. 1918.
In the section beginning on page 14, Mrs. Higgins refers to two differing opinions about the English origin of Richard Higgins. The full text of The Pioneers of Massachusetts by Charles Henry Pope doesn't appear to be available online, but the two-part Richard Higgins and Some of His Descendants by Orra Eugene Monnette is waiting for you at My Ancestors in Books.