Evelyn Elvina Hauer Kerr - below 14 houses I've lived in:1. I was born Apr 1, 1894 - at Detroit, Mich. on Mt. Elliott - 2 doors North of Mack - on E. side of street. [Now there's an interesting micro-detail I didn't know!]
2. 1897 - around June moved to Rivard St. 6 doors off Alexandrine St. [Evelyn's father, Felix Hauer, died in May of that year.]
3. 1902 - Jan 2 - Moved to 116 Townsend. [Evelyn was off by a year on this one. Her widowed mother, Elizabeth Schulte Hauer, was married 31 December 1902 to George Corneilson, who owned the house at 116 Townsend. It would have been January of 1903 when they moved there.]
4. 1922 - July 19 - Moved to Room over Odeon Theater - with Mrs. Scheele - on Concord (445). [I suspect Evelyn meant to write 1912 here, rather than 1922. She would have turned 18 in 1912, and I have no doubt she was employed.]
5. 1916 - was married June 12th - went to live with R.P.'s mother at 525 Crawford.
6. 1916 - Dec 15 - Moved to 111 Dragoon - lost first baby here. [I knew Evelyn had lost two babies, but had nothing on paper about this first child. I think the unnamed baby must have been stillborn.]
7. 1917 - About Sept 15th moved to 1079 E. Jefferson - Mary June born here March 21, 1918. Died March 23, 1918. Moved to 1077 E. Jeff (upstairs) about 1st of May. Bonnie born here Sept 20, 1919. [I've wondered about this. I've seen both addresses--1079 and 1077--and thought one of them must have been an error.]
8. 1920 - Aug 1 - Moved to 1228 Montclair.
9. 1922 - Aug 15 - Moved to 555 Algonquin. Mary born here Oct 22, 1922. Bonnie married here on Aug 3, 1937.
10. Mar 15, 1939 - Moved to 4265 Harvard Rd.
11. 1942 - Oct 2 moved to 11551 Roxbury. Mary married Jan 5, 1946.
12. 1947 - Nov 15 - Moved to Caro, Mich. 1896 Deckerville Rd.
13. 1951 - Oct 5 - 7831 Lakeshore Rd, Lexington, Mich.
Although I've numbered 13 entries in this list, there actually were 14 addresses, as Evelyn noted in her title. Entry no. 7 includes both 1079 and 1077 E. Jefferson.
And, as always, I take these details not as indisputable fact, but rather as an attempt by Evelyn to exercise her memory, or perhaps to preserve her memories even as they tried to slip from her grasp. I will say, though, that this list jibes pretty well with the Rosmer P. Kerr Family Homes slideshow I put together in 2007.