- Matthew Pettis, born in December 1746, probably in Richmond, Rhode Island. He died 2 May 1827 and is buried in Old Baker Cemetery, Hudson Falls, New York. Matthew's wife was Alice Auchmuty. They were my fifth great-grandparents.
- William M. Pettis, born 21 February 1770 in Richmond, Rhode Island. He married Ruth Crandall before 1799. They had nine children. He died in November 1821 in Argyle Township, Washington County, New York. William and Ruth were my fourth great-grandparents.
- Micajah Petit Pettis, born 9 July 1806 in New York. He married first Tryphena Sedgwick on 11 November 1830 in Gainsville, Wyoming County, New York. They had four children. Tryphena died in 1842, and Micajah next married Mary Margaret Maxfield. The family later moved to Illinois. Micajah died 13 August 1881 in Winnebago. Micajah and Tryphena were my third great-grandparents.
- Darius J. Pettis, born about 17 September 1837 in Verona, Oneida County, New York. He married Kate Efner on 5 March 1860 in Lyndon, Wisconsin. They made their home in Winona, Minnesota, and had two daughters, one of whom died in childhood. Darius and Kate were my great-great grandparents.
- Katharine E. Pettis, born 2 October 1864 in Winona. She married Milton E. Kerr on 15 December 1889 in Omaha, Nebraska. They had two sons. Kate died 11 June 1937 in Detroit, Michigan. Kate and Milton were my great-grandparents.
- John Petty, born about 1635-1640. He died in Springfield, Massachusetts 8 March 1680. He was married at Boston 30 May 1662 to Ann Canning. John and Ann are thought to be my ninth great-grandparents.
- James Petty, born 25 March 1663 at Windsor, Connecticut. He died about 1713. He married Mary Lawton on 15 June 1683 at Springfield. James Petty and Mary Lawton are thought to be my eighth great-grandparents.
- William Petty, born 30 October 1691 at Springfield. He died about 1747 in Richmond, Rhode Island. In 1709, he married Mary Winter at Weymouth, Massachusetts. William Petty and Mary Winter are thought to be my seventh great-grandparents.
- William C. Pettis (Petty, Pettyes), born 24 June 1722. He married first Mary Kenyon at Bristol, Rhode Island on 14 July 1745; second, Thankful Coalgrove; third, Mary Johnson; fourth, Dorcas Braman. William C. Pettis and Mary Kenyon are thought to be my sixth great-grandparents.
- Matthew Pettis, above, my fifth great-grandfather.
Curfman, Robert Joseph. The Petty-Pettis Genealogy: Descendants of John Petty of Springfield, Massachusetts, 1668. Kansas City, Mo: R.J. Curfman, 1974.
Pettys, Norman W. Descendants of John Petty ( -1680) and Ann (Canning) Petty of Springfield, Massachusetts. 1978.
Click on the pettis label below to see other posts pertaining to the Pettis family.