- James Russell, who died in 1509. His wife was Alice Wyse. By rough estimate, they were probably born sometime between 1460-1480. James and Alice may prove to be my fourteenth great-grandparents.
- John Russell, 1st earl of Bedford. His wife was Ann Sapcote, daughter of Sir Guy Sapcote. They were probably born about 1500, give or take a bit. If this lineage proves correct, John and Ann would be my thirteenth great-grandparents.
- Francis Russell of Chenies, Buckinghamshire, England, born 1527. He died 28 July 1585 at Bedford House, Middlesex. His wife was Margaret Saint John. Francis and Margaret may prove to be my twelfth great-grandparents.
- William Francis Russell, born 1553 in England (Ipswich, Essex County? or Chenies, Buckinghamshire?). His wife was Ann Forester. If correct, William and Ann are my eleventh great-grandparents.
- Ann Russell (aka Mary Ann Russell), of Northamptonshire, England. Born 18 April 1574 (in Hampshire, Northampton?), she married John Roote at Badby in 1600. John and Ann are my tenth great-grandparents.
Reader, if you have found documentation for this Russell family or John Roote's family in Badby, England, I would like very much to hear from you. You'll find a Contact link near the top of this page, just below the header.
Root, James Pierce. Root Genealogical Records. 1600-1870. Comprising the General History of the Root and Roots Families in America. New York: R.C. Root, Anthony & Co, 1870.